The New Forest Ice Cream parlour is located at the bottom of the main high street in Lymington and the perfect place for all the family to enjoy this summer. You’ll easily spot our lovely blue parlour with the iconic New Forest Ice Cream sign hanging outside, right beside the pedestrian route down to the Quay.
The combination of rich double cream & the finest fresh ingredients is the secret to our mouth-watering ice cream. And, we are delighted to offer over 20 flavours of ice cream and sorbet from our range at the New Forest Ice Cream parlour. We rotate our flavours regularly, giving customers the opportunity to try something new each time! The parlour is open Tuesday – Sunday during the summer & every day during the holidays, allowing visitors to the New Forest and residents to enjoy a creamy scoop of their favourite ice cream on-the-go, at any time. Will it be our refreshingly fruity Berry & Apple Crumble, or our on-trend Salted Caramel? Or perhaps you prefer something a little bit more traditional, like our legendary Chocolate Chip Ripple? With such a huge selection of old favourites and unique creations to choose from, there is sure to be something for all ages and everyone’s tastes.
In fact we have so much more than just ice cream , along with our extensive range of flavours that are ready to scoop and serve in any cone or tub of your choice, complete with tempting toppings. We also have a variety of indulgent sundaes, waffles, milkshakes & floats (which are definitely the best in town!), ideal for those that want to enjoy ice cream incorporated into something extra special. Alternatively, we do have cakes available which are the perfect accompaniment for your freshly brewed cup of tea or coffee.
We currently have a cake and coffee offer for £3.00. Customers popping in for a sit down coffee will receive a complimentary mini-cone of their favourite ice cream too, of course!
The New Forest Ice Cream parlour is the perfect location to sit, relax and enjoy something sweet!
Particularly when the warmer weather draws in around this time of year, we have many visitors to the New Forest who simply enjoy nothing more than going on long walks and mooching around the idyllic countryside that we’re lucky enough to have on our doorstep. Even the more reluctant of walkers have been known to love a good stroll in the New Forest because of the beautiful nature and picturesque surroundings. Walking is a great activity and a good form of exercise yet equally, enjoyable if you’re fond of the outdoors. Full of ancient woodland, heaths, pretty villages and a 40 mile secret coast, it’s really worth dedicating a few days to explore and take in the scenery. This is the perfect opportunity to bring out the picnic blankets and hampers; then finding the best spot for a tasty lunch in the forest!
With more than 140 miles of tracks and 193,000 acres, you can enjoy plenty of easy walking with lots of free-roaming animals to keep you company. The forest has too many walks to even list, so plan your route or go wherever the wind takes you. You will find plenty of information and guides to help you find your way which will definitely come in handy. Likewise, if you’re an avid cyclist; there is no better place to go on a long bike ride than the New Forest. With plenty of tracks and roads with cautious speed limits, bike rides can be safe and enjoyable. Of course, a bike ride or walk on a summer’s day is never complete without a pit stop for a refreshing ice cream but this just goes without saying. The New Forest Ice Cream Parlour is in Lymington and we have an unbelievable range of flavours to choose from!
One of the main attractions of the New Forest is all the amazing wildlife that you’re bound to come across during your trip. There are ponies, donkeys, cattle and deeper in the forest, wild deer are likely to be found lurking amongst the woodland. If you like to feel at one with nature and at peace away from modern life, the New Forest can be a therapeutic and tranquil place to visit. You may even come across some more interesting wildlife because the open heaths are very homey for adders and grass snakes. While the many pools of water are an ideal environment for frogs, toads and lizards if you’re lucky enough to see any.
The New Forest has plenty to offer for family fun days out of every kind, whatever the weather and whatever your mood, there is sure to be something that takes your fancy. With beautiful gardens and markets to take a leisurely stroll around, wildlife parks to visit on a sunny day or perhaps an interesting museum and spa visit, if you’re in need of some well-deserved relaxation. For something more adventurous that requires a little bit more energy, the New Forest has lots of extreme sports and activities to keep you busy, families can choose from horse riding to water sports and paddling down the beautiful Beaulieu River. The New Forest is also home to Go Ape, the UK’s best forest adventure! If you’re looking for a day out like no other, it is definitely worth a visit for a fun-filled experience at Moors Valley Country Park. The only time you’ll ever be able to soar down zip wires and jump off Tarzan swings with plenty of obstacles to tackle, all while taking in some breath-taking forest views.
OUR TOP TEN PICKS:
1) The beaches – The New Forest has many beaches nearby including Lepe Beach, Bournemouth, Southsea and Barton on Sea. Visitors have plenty to choose from if it is sand and sea they are looking for.
2) The parks - Moors Valley Country Park is a particular favourite!
3) The New Forest Ice Cream Parlour – There is no better place to go for a refreshing and creamy treat, there really is an unbelievable range to choose from!
4) Lepe Beach Country Park – The perfect location for picnics and ball games. A mile of beach, pine fringed cliffs and historic D-Day remains, with stunning views across the Solent from Hurst Castle to Portsmouth's Spinnaker Tower.
5) Paultons Park, Romsey – The home of Peppa Pig world and great fun for kids.
6) New Forest Activity Centre - Offering a wide range of outdoor activities for all age groups including: Kayaking, canoeing and archery.
7) Longdown Dairy Farm , Ashurst - Family attraction with farm animals, a trampoline barn, soft play area, produce shop and tearoom.
8) Exbury Gardens & Steam Railway - The perfect place for the whole family to spend the day with its impressive Rothschild flower collection, steam railway and more.
9) New Forest Wildlife Park – A collection of indigenous species in their natural surroundings.
10) Whitefield Moor – The heart of the ‘Old Forest’, tire the children out running around Whitefield Moor , enjoy a shady picnic by the tranquil Ober Water stream and see if you can spot any wild deer.