With spring creeping up on us once again, it’s about time we introduce the newest addition to the New Forest Ice Cream range. Our Berry & Apple Crumble ice cream provides a refreshing twist on the traditional dessert, ensuring it can be enjoyed all year round, whatever the weather! Featuring a delicious apple dairy base combined with real blackberry, apple and strawberry fruity inclusions and irresistible cookie dough crumble; the ice cream captures the iconic flavour perfectly. As we all know, crumble and ice cream is the best combination, which is why our Berry & Apple Crumble ice cream really offers the best of both worlds.
Made from our own traditional family recipe and developed from only the finest ingredients, the ice cream contains no artificial colours or preservatives. We have perfected the flavour and texture, ensuring the juicy fruit pieces and lovely crunch from the crumble really stands out. And, with a velvety cream base and a lovely pop of colour; it’s an ice cream that ticks all the boxes and is sure to be a hit with all ages.
Perfect for a generous scoop in a cone or tub, pop down to your local New Forest Ice Cream stockist to try our latest flavour for yourself and satisfy a craving for something fresh, sweet and indulgent.
Happy New Year everyone! After a
lovely break, our team are back and excited for what 2018 is set to deliver.
We are back with a bang, bringing you two new flavours to combat those dreaded January blues.
Our first flavour to kick start the New Year is Peach Melba Clotted Cream. Inspired by the classic dessert, this ice cream combines an indulgent clotted cream base with refreshing hits of real raspberry pieces and a juicy peach ripple. The slight sharpness from the raspberries, sweetness from the peach and creamy clotted cream infuses perfectly together, as well as providing a splash of vibrant colour. Created using our own traditional recipe, we have carefully developed this flavour to ensure each element of fruity goodness really shines through the clotted cream base.
Following the success of our 500ml take home tubs at the end of 2017; we are also delighted to introduce our new Rhubarb & Ginger ice cream in our larger packs, so you should start to see it appear on restaurant men us near you! It has a wonderful kick and distinctive flavour from the rhubarb dairy base, stem ginger pieces and rhubarb ripple. Both flavours are perfect for generous scoops, or to add a special touch to your favourite desserts.
Head down to your local New Forest Ice Cream stockist to try our latest flavours for yourself and indulge in a refreshing, fruity sweet treat! If you would like to find out more about the flavours in our range, our new 2018 brochure is available now and includes everything you need to know.
How is another year already coming to an end? It feels like 2017 has flashed by in a blink of an eye but what a year it has been. We can look back on an exciting 12 months here at New Forest Ice cream, culminating with the launch of our new 500ml Take Home Range in November, we really are ending the year on an all-time high! On that note, we wanted to say thank you for all of the support from our fantastic customers and wish you a Happy Christmas!
We hope everyone has a great Christmas, enjoying the festivities and taking the time to relax in preparation for 2018, which is set to be another busy year. We already have lots up our sleeve for the New Year and cannot wait to get stuck in to creating even more delicious new flavours. For now though, we wish you nothing but the merriest of Christmas wishes and a happy New Year!
Every year we look forward to creating some new flavours, especially for Christmas, and this year has been no different. The comforting flavours of Christmas are delicious when combined with our luxuriously smooth ice cream and can get anyone in the festive spirit. One flavour that proves to be a favourite year after year is our classic Mince Pie ice cream, a blend of brandy ice cream combined with pieces of shortcake pastry and mincemeat. Our Mince Pie ice cream provides a delicious hint of everyone’s favourite seasonal treat with the indulgent taste of fresh double cream, ideal for those who just cannot resist a mince pie at this time of year.
In addition to the ever popular, mince pie ice cream, we are delighted to introduce some new additions to the New Forest range for 2017, the first of these being the aromatic Cinnamon ice cream. This instantly packs a punch and adds a festive twist to any warming winter desserts. Completing the range is our truly unique and vibrant Whisky & Orange ice cream, a traditional dairy base featuring the smoky taste of an Islay single malt whisky and infused with citrus undertones from real orange zest. The Whisky & Orange ice cream is the perfect choice for those looking for that boozy tipple we all need around the Christmas period.
We hope that the trio delivers that traditional taste of Christmas like no other and starts to make you feel festive if you aren’t already!
The day has finally arrived - we are delighted to finally unveil our new range of 500ml take-home tubs, which will be coming to stores near you very soon! Available in a choice of eight tempting flavours, each the perfect size for sharing with your friends and loved ones, complete with an eye-catching new packaging design, all that’s left is for you to pick which one will be your favourite…
We have been carefully crafting this range for quite some time, just to make sure we achieve the perfect balance of flavours. We were keen to give everyone the opportunity to discover something completely new, while also keeping the traditional favourites in there too, so we’re confident there is something that all members of the family will love!
We are so excited that everyone can now enjoy an extensive range of our flavours when they’re at home or out and about, and the new 500ml design is the perfect size for freezers - ideal for sharing (if you’re feeling generous!).
The collection includes classics such as Vanilla Pod, a sophisticated Salted Caramel or an indulgent Iced Latte, alongside some that offer something a little more unique, like Rhubarb & Ginger which has a wonderful kick and distinctive flavour. Another fruity addition includes Strawberry Shortcake; a clotted cream base combined with real pieces of strawberry and moreish shortcake. Alternatively, for those chocolate lovers, Chocolate Ganache or Mint Chocolate Crisp will definitely be a winner with their rich, decadent flavours.
Last but definitely not least, and not forgetting the sorbet lovers, we’ve created a Lemon & Lime Sorbet with a smooth base and tangy zest, perfect for those looking for something more refreshing and dairy free to enjoy at home.
We cannot wait for you to try all the flavours and we really hope you love them as much as we do!
Autumn is upon us and whilst the
supermarkets have gone all out stocking their shelves with spooky decorations
and lots of tasty trick or treat sweets, here at New Forest Ice Cream we have
been preparing our tools, dusting off our scoops and digging out our dibbers
for the annual,
and hotly contested, New Forest Pumpkin Carving competition!
We love to get in the Halloween spirit here at New Forest Ice Cream towers and competitiveness has reached an all new high this year with everyone really pulling out the stops. As you can imagine, the most competitive in our team have been planning their creations for months; leading up to the big launch and we’re very excited to shortly be sharing them with you – Watch this space for more info!
We will have done all we can, and once
we’ve launched this year’s designs the power is truly in your hands as we ask
you to pick your favourite design and choose the ultimate winner. Simply head
over to our shortly Facebook page and get voting for
whichever one takes your fancy
– We await your decision with eager anticipation…
With the air becoming refreshingly crisp and the leaves starting to fall, it is
only natural to start cosying up with some delicious winter warmers. And, our Toffee Apple ice cream is the perfect autumnal accompaniment
to go alongside them. As October is Apple Month and Halloween, so we just had
to dedicate a post to our beloved Toffee Apple ice cream!
Toffee apples are reminicent of everything to do with bonfire night, halloween and general autumnal festivities. The distinctive red baubles on sticks have long been a treat for children (and adults!) for many years and will forever be a nostalgic tradition. Toffee apples are the perfect balance of sharpness from the apples and sweetness from the glistening sugar coating, which is why we just had to capture the amazing flavour in an ice cream.
There is one story that claims the toffee apple was created by accident in 1908 when veteran candy-maker William W Kolb was experimenting with a Christmas-themed red cinnamon potion. He dropped the apple into the potion and the toffee apple was born. Apparently, the immediate popularity soon meant that demand outweighed production. At this time of year there is nothing better than a homemade apple crumble and a big scoop of Toffee Apple ice cream really makes this classic dessert special.
APPLE CRUMBLE WITH TOFFEE APPLE ICE CREAM
Apple crumble is nice and simple to make. Firstly, preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of butter at a time rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir well being careful not to break up the fruit. Butter a 24cm/9in ovenproof dish. Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling. When ready to serve, add a generous scoop of New Forest Ice Cream Toffee Apple ice cream and tuck into the delicious bowl of goodness and enjoy!
With the number of celebration days and national weeks at an all-time high, you, like us could be forgiven for overlooking some of the more obscure events. One I am sure you wouldn’t want to miss however, is National Cupcake Week ! Celebrating all the great things about this much-loved bitesize family treat, this week (18th – 24th September 2017) is sure to be a favourite, and offers another excuse to whip up a tray of your own, deliciously sweet cupcakes.
According to reports, the first mention of a cupcake was in 1796 when a recipe for a ‘light cake to bake in small cups’ was added to the first known cookbook called ‘American Cookery’ by author Amelia Simmons, published in Connecticut. Since this date there has been literally hundreds of thousands (excuse the pun) of variations to this time old recipe. As I’m sure you would expect, one of the most popular methods for us combines a wonderfully light, cupcake base with our indulgent Mint Choc Chip ice cream, but you can use any flavour you like. Here’s a quick and simple recipe which we just love.
Ice Cream Cupcakes:
For the cupcakes For the ice cream filling
Makes: 24 1 x 1ltr tub New Forest Ice Cream
60g good quality (70%) cocoa powder Mint Choc Chip (or your favourite
4 or 5 tablespoons boiling hot water flavour)
175g unsalted butter, softened Your favourite frosting
175g caster sugar
120g self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / Gas mark 6. Line 2 - 12 hole bun trays with colourful paper cases.
2. Sift the cocoa into a large bowl; add 4 tablespoons of boiling water and mix into a thick chocolate syrup, adding more water if you needed. Add the softened butter, sugar, self-raising flour, baking powder and eggs. Mix with electric beaters until smooth and evenly mixed.
3. Spoon teaspoons of the mixture into the paper cases, filling them 3/4 full. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the sponge mixture has risen and the cupcakes spring back when you touch them. Remove from the oven; cool on a wire rack.
4. Place the cooled cupcakes on a piece of greaseproof paper. Cut a second piece of grease proof paper of the same size to line your freezer.
5. Use a small knife to cut a large circle, about the size of a £2 coin in the top of the cupcake. Cut almost down to the bottom of the cake and then lift out the cut section. You should ideally end up with a cone shaped piece of cake. Slice the cut section into a flat disk (to make room for the ice cream filling)
6. Working on 3-4 cupcakes at a time, filling with 1-2 tablespoons of New Forest Ice Cream Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream, and placing the disk back on the top. Now place in the freezer to prevent the ice cream from melting. Leave in the freezer for around 4hrs before serving.
7. When ready to enjoy , frost the top of the cupcakes with your favourite frosting and serve immediately.
This recipe has been adapted from one written by Dorothy Kern. More information can be found here: www.crazyforcrust.com/ice-cream-cupcakes
As many will have seen, we are delighted to have received recognition from the Guild of Fine Foods in this year’s Great Taste Awards for three flavours from our ever-expanding range. With our Gin & Pink Grapefruit Sorbet, made from gin produced at a local Hampshire distillery, our Dairy Coconut Ice Cream picking up one gold star and our new Lime and Coconut Sorbet being awarded two gold stars, we really are over the moon wi th the results and excellent judges’ feedback in 2017.
We’re equally proud to say that this year marks the sixth consecutive year that we’ve had our flavours recognised in the awards that are often regarded as the most prestigious in our industry. In fact, in 2017 there were almost 12,500 entries to the Great Taste Awards, of which just 25% received one star and less than 8% received two stars! The judging is based solely on flavour, texture and appearance and conducted by a panel of some our country’s most demanding independent food critics, chefs, restaurateurs and journalists. It is truly great to have approval and acknowledgement for many of our most popular varieties of ice cream and sorbet. Why not try one of our new award winning flavours next time you’re looking for a delicious family treat?
With the long
weekend ahead of us bringing us some well-deserved sunshine, it’s the perfect
opportunity for a short trip away. The Isle of Wight is just a short ferry ride
away and has such a wide variety of things to do; it’s the ideal place to visit
for fun filled weekend with all the family. We thought we would write this blog
highlighting some of our favourite attractions, activities and places to visit
on the Isle of Wight!
1) First things first, you have to catch the ferry! Carrying almost five million passengers across the Solent every year, Wightlink operates around 46,000 sailings annually, using nine ferries on three routes between Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. Sailing between two of the most diverse regions in the country. Wightlink ensure you have a comfortable trip and supplies locally sourced refreshments where possible to support independent producers and businesses. You can even find a New Forest Ice Cream or two, while you enjoy your journey to the Isle of Wight. Wightlink offer a range of our 120ml tubs wrapped lollies and ice creams, ensuring your holiday starts as soon as you board! You’ll be sure to find New Forest Ice Cream across the island, in various different locations which serve both our scoop and impulse ranges!
2) The Needles Landmark Attraction – The first thing that comes to mind when you think of the Isle of Wight is the famous chairlift taking you to see the needles rocks and coloured sands. This is the best destination for the amazing views as the chairlift takes you to the beach and sand cliffs, where you even have the opportunity to make your own unique coloured sand. Here you can also visit the 4D cinema or watch the fascinating art of glass blowing at the Alum Bay Glass. At the IW Sweet manufactory you can watch skilled sweet makers create sweets that you will not find anywhere else and get a chance to sample them too, of course!
3) Isle of Wight Beaches - A visit to the Isle of Wight wouldn’t be complete without seeing the stunning beaches. Recognised as being some of the best in Europe, it’s definitely worth exploring the 57 miles of varied coastline, featuring sand and shingle beaches, rugged cliffs, hidden coves and clear waters. A trip to the beach has to be on your list when visiting the island whatever the time of year.
4) Wildlife – Like the New Forest, the Isle of Wight has a whole host of local wildlife from red squirrels and unique butterflies to many different types of birds, if you’re lucky enough to spot them. It may also be of interest to some that the Isle of Wight is one of the richest places in Europe for Dinosaur heritage and there are a number of walks and hunts available to discover it!
5) The sea - One of the best ways to make the most of the beautiful coastline of the Isle of Wight is from off-shore. There is a number of sailing and boat charters available throughout the year and you can always get some great views from the Isle of Wight Ferry and hovercraft services. These range from leisurely sight-seeing tours to sailing tuition to more “hands on” sailing experiences and fishing.
The Isle of Wight really does have something for everyone and there are too many things to list. We have narrowed down our top picks but there are still many more. From outdoor activities and adventure to shopping and museums, the Isle of Wight is the perfect place for that last minute getaway!